Papua Paradise Resort lies along the pristine shoreline of the uninhabited island of Birie, Raja Ampat. The island is teeming with exotic bird life, lush jungle foliage, and a spectacular array of fauna, while the reefs in the surrounding area offer world class diving.
Built in traditional style, Papua Paradise offers an exceptionally high standard of comfort and service.
This ideal retreat away from civilization, echoing with only the sound of the birds and the lapping of the waves under the bungalows, Papua Paradise offers simple yet comfortable accommodation, and a high standard of service.
Dive with manta rays, sharks, and shoals of schooling fish; explore reef slopes with some of the widest diversity of corals in the world, and housing some of the best macro diving of Raja Ampat; and end the day with a perfect ocean sunset view from your private balcony.
Our resort, situated in the heart of Raja Ampat, provides all essential standards of service and comfort. Surrounded with pristine reefs and unspoiled flora, the island is a haven for both divers and non-divers.
The 16 waterfront bungalows overlook a long stretch of house reef that offers world class snorkeling, and the jungle paths around the border of the peninsula are surrounded by magnificent untamed wilderness, shrouded with enormous towering trees.
Through this jungle foliage a myriad of tropical birds can often be seen, including Blythes Hornbills, Palm Cockatoo, Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo, Imperial Pied Fruit Pigeon, and a great deal more.
How to Get There:
Papua Paradise Resort is located in West Papua (previously known as Irian Jaya) province, in Raja Ampat shire, on the island of Birie.
The main airport in the area is Sorong and internal flights are provided by Sriwijaya, Lion Air, Merpati and Express airlines from Jakarta, Makassar, Manado and Denpassar-Bali. On arrival at Sorong airport you can make your way to the marina by taxi, where you can catch a boat to the island of Birie. The length of the boat trip is weather dependent and it may vary from 1.5 to 2 hours.
We are happy to provide help with internal flight bookings. In all cases our suggestion is to allow a 24hour time gap between the international and internal flights as the internal airlines may cancel or change flights without notice and refunds to customers.
Like the bungalows, our Seaview Restaurant overlooks the pristine house reef, the surface of which is constantly rippling with leaping baitfish and the lithe juvenile reef sharks that live in the bay.
We serve a variety of European and Indonesian Cuisine on an elaborate buffet, and no effort is spared in our kitchens to ensure the highest quality of the food and service to our guests. All locally grown produce available (such as bananas, jackfruit, cassava, water spinach, various other greens and more) is purchased from villages in the surrounding islands; many other vegetables and fruits come from our vegetable garden, while other items are purchased from the local port of Sorong.
Specialty items like yoghurt, all bread and cakes, as well as pasta and ravioli are all homemade and are served fresh.
Our local architectural inspired water bungalows with essential facilities are built on stilts and made with traditional materials from Raja Ampat. Featuring a total of 16 bungalows with spacious verandas overlooking the turquoise house reef and the Pacific Ocean, All rooms are equipped with:
– Complimentary coffee/tea making facilities
– Safety deposit box
– Pedestal fan
– Mosquito net
– Ocean view desk
– Long chairs and hammock on sunset veranda
– Welcome drink and face towel on arrival
– Evening turn-down
– Bottled drinking water
PADI Dive Center:
Papua Paradise Divers is one of the very few PADI 5 star dive resorts in Raja Ampat. The diving facility operates according to best safety standards, with an emphasis on customer service and professional standards. We maintain a 4 guest to one guide standard to ensure the highest quality experience for divers.
Our dive vessels are purpose built for diving, and are each equipped with oxygen, first aid kits, fresh towels, hot drinks, snacks and fruit, as well as VHF Radio and standard marine safety equipment, and a crew who are standing by to assist guest in all aspects of the dive.
The reefs of Raja Ampat have long been feted and extolled. The region is known to be one of the most biodiverse in the world, and at least 75 percent of all coral species in existence can be found in Raja Ampat.
The marine life is equally spectacular, and the range of creatures from schooling manta rays, to minute, recently discovered pipefish and seahorse species, is astonishing. Schools of fish in the thousands writhe over coral reef slopes that offer sightings of turtles, eels, cuttlefish and sharks, including the famous wobbygongs; and after diving the various sites in the heart of Raja Ampat, a visitors conclusion is invariable – this truly is a magnificent epicenter of marine biodiversity
– Library with a choice of marine books
– Toilet, washing tubs and drying facilities
– New or well maintained Aqualung Rental Equipment
– 8, 12 and 15 liter aluminium tanks
– Valves with INT and DIN adaptors
– 2 Well maintained and well aerated Coltri compressors for safe air
– 1 Coltri automatic NITROX mixer
– NITROX 32% Free Of Charge for guest who pre book the Unlimited Diving package. Charge for Non Unlimited diving packages
– 1 Automated External Defibrilator (AED)
All boats are designed and built for safe and comfortable diving. One of our following boats will be used during your stay.
– 1 Fiberglass boat with sundeck & toilet which can accommodate 8 to 12 divers, powered by 3 silent, 4 strokes Yamaha outboard Engines 200 HP
– 1 Fiberglass boat which can accommodate 6 to 8 divers, powered by 2 silent, 4 strokes Yamaha outboard Engines 115 HP
– 2 Fiberglass boats which can accommodate 1 to 5 divers, each powered by 2 strokes Yamaha outboard Engines 40 HP
– Safety equipment such as radio, life jackets, first aid kit, DAN Jumbo Oxygen twin tanks
– Extra diving equipment
– Fresh towels
– Drinking water
– Hot tea and coffee
– Padded camera crate
– Fresh water for camera upon request
7 Nights Stay:
– Single Room : Euro 2.223
– Double Room : Euro 1.915
– Triple Room : Euro 1.679
10 Nights Stay:
– Single Room : Euro 2.993
– Double Room : Euro 2.553
– Triple Room : Euro 2.325
14 Nights Stay:
– Single Room : Euro 3.999
– Double Room : Euro 3.411
– Triple Room : Euro 2.955
– Unlimited Diving means maximum 4 dives per day.
– Rates include scuba tanks, weight belts, guide, beach to wel, water & fruits, hot tea
– NITROX Free of Charge, For Nitrox Certified Divers
Non Divers Package/Person
7 Nights Stay:
– Single Room : Euro 1.497
– Double Room : Euro 1.189
– Triple Room : Euro 953
10 Nights Stay:
– Single Room : Euro 2.023
– Double Room : Euro 1.585
– Triple Room : Euro 1.255
14 Nights Stay:
– Single Room : Euro 2.696
– Double Room : Euro 2.080
– Triple Room : Euro 2.625
– Rates in Euro
– Inclusive 21 % services and taxes
– Price per person, in the indicated rooms on Full Board Basis ( Breakfast, Kyncy and Dinner )
– Afternoon Tea/Coffee and Cakes
– Unlimited Diving for diving packages